Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 2-Applications

What technology based business is complete without applications to run it?  For my techno-bike-business, I'm going to need several top level applications to help me manage my empire.  To keep it simple, I'll just list the first three that I'll start off with.

Web Page Design.  Most likely I'd go with the Adobe CS5 suite, simply because it comes with all the bells and whistles.  Photo editing, graphic design, and web page design and layout programs.  Though it is pricey, usually going at the $700 price range, it's worth it.  The price of the suite is less than trying to piecemeal one at a time.  It's a good investment.

Financial. To manage all the money I'll be raking in, I'll need software to streamline my revenue.  Keeping in mind that I'm probably going to start out small, I'll need software that is easy to use, and with as little need for input.  Apple has a great banking software in it's offering of iBank.  If not that, on the Microsoft side, you can go with Quicken.  Both offerings are updated regularly and allow for seamless integration with your bank.

Word Processing.  Any business these days needs the powers presented by either the Apple Office Suite, or the Microsoft Office Suite.  I'm partial to the MOS simply because it is a program suite that is fully interchangeable between Apple and Microsoft OS.  It's a no brainer, other word processors can do the job, but not as clean and as simply as MOS.

For a start up business, I can start off with home grown options.  Once the ball starts rolling, I'll likely farm these options out. But for now, I'll take care of what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment