Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 3 - Hardware

While contemplating the hardware that I'll need to make this project take to the road, I thought of a great many items.  As with the last post, I'll focus on what I need to start with.  Since I'll be designing and testing my own equipment, having highspeed computers is top of the list.  Having a computer with 2.6 Ghz processor or better, an L4 cache, 16 or 32 GB of RAM, and at least 3 TB of hard drive space per computer should be a good start.

With said computer hardware, it would probably behoove me to invest in appropriate peripherals, such as printers, scanners, and devices to make my VOIP conferences with investors, or business associates much easier to handle.  Quality laser printers with high resolution DPI (300 or greater) will help in bringing my designs to fruition.

Aside from the aforementioned items, a great deal of Computer Assisted Design equipment will be in the mix.  Drawing pads, 3D render devices, as well as mobile computing will all be needs that will have to be addressed.  It'll do me know good to know what I want to design and not have the ability to translate it into a working model.

No comments:

Post a Comment