Saturday, October 1, 2011

Week 4-Input/Output

In the realm of input and output there is a large variety to choose from.  To help further my bicycle empire, I'll be picking a few items that I think will help me out the most.  Starting with getting my image out there, I'll need a great camera to photograph my equipment for sale, production line in action, employees at work, and the shop area to encourage people to stop by.  


Another output device to invest in at the shop would be interactive screens, such as iPads, or another table of similar stature.  Why touch pads?  Linking these touchpads, conveniently located at the front desk or throughout the shop, to the mainframe server in my offices, customers can see real time modifications to their selected bike frame.  Other touchpads can serve as information kiosks to pique the customer's interest, or to further explain a specific item in question to the customer.


On the input side, I'd want to go with a simple paperless scanner for credit card information.  Instead of taking the customer's information, and printing out a receipt, the scanner would simply be set up to send the receipt to the customer's chosen email.  Going paperless saves money, and makes most of us feel good in the same fell swoop.



No comments:

Post a Comment