Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Week 7 - Networks

Networks are a vital part of any industry.  From small to large, and every flavor in between, networks are vital.  Without a proper network, comprised of a selection of ethernet LAN, Wireless LANs, and VPNs for my mobile client users, I won't be able to get anything done.

Providing a strong ethernet LAN presence in my store will allow for me to interconnect and utilize a private network to accomplish my business.  While I seriously doubt that I'll be using industry secrets, allowing my network to be privatized and secure will provide my customers a sense of ease.  There's always someone out there looking to steal personal information, and ethernet LANs provide a high level of security in the networking department.

Wireless LANs utilizing 802.11i or, at a minimum, 802.11x security standards will allow for my mobile devices to connect to my mainframe server without compromising security.  VPNs will allow for my mobile teams, for at home repairs or upgrades, to communicate with the mainframe with the same level of high security standards and encryption.  The bottom line is simple: if you're looking to make a business, you better understand networks.  If you don't, hire a networking god and ensure she/he is well paid to keep your business running on the network.  This investment will pay you back tenfold in the first year alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment